Advantages of Soft Water
The Water Quality Association summarises the following as benefits of water treated with a water softener versus untreated hard water:
- Silverware and glassware are cleaner and shinier, without the white streaks that occur when washing with hard water. Read more.
- Your hair and skin feel softer, cleaner, and smoother, as hard water tends to make them brittle and dry. Read more.
- Far less build-up of soap scum on your shower and bath tub, reducing the amount of housework needed to clean kitchens and bathrooms.
- Soaps and shampoos will create more lather and foam, which hard water inhibits, reducing the usage and cost of these products by 75%.
- Natural, chemical-free soaps, laundering agents, and other natural household cleaners are more effective.
- Fabrics are softer without the minerals present in hard water becoming trapped in them, last longer, and avoid dingy discoloration caused by hard water. Softening with a Hague Quality Water product will provide softer, brighter clothes and will extend their wearable life! Read more.
- Soft water preserves the life of all water using appliances such as kettles, coffee makers, washing machines, and dishwashers. Read more.
- A water heater protected by a whole-house water softening system will also reduce the yearly energy cost of that appliance by 22-29%!
To read the WQA’s full study on the advantages of soft water over hard water in your home, go to www.wqa.org for more information.